Accessify Forum - Independent Accessibility Discussion Since 2003; Professional, Moderated, Web-based, Archived

New to the forum?

Only an email address is required.

Register Here

Already registered? Log In

Currently Online

No registered users are online.

We like to keep that seperation

Reply with quote Addison actually always wanted to make a game similar to Unreal Tournament He went through a few programmers, and eventually contacted me. We started working on the

game and adding so many crazy things that we eventually decided to go our own route and be as crazy with it as possible. We wanted to make sure every gun was

original (Flame Shotgun, Ice Minigun, etc).

When it came time to make Raze 2, a big inspiration was the abilities from Halo Reach, and the overall world of Bulletstorm. Bulletstorm did an incredible job of

creating a huge colourful Mad Max Profits Review world, that made you

feel so tiny in comparison. We really wanted to capture that in Raze 2 with the multiple background layers, bright colours, level variety. Not to mention the

waterfalls, wildlife, flickering lights, and other particles that helped bring the maps to life.

The thought has come up, but we’d really rather keep the two games seperate. We like the way Raze has abilities and many weapons to pick up in the battlefield, while

We like to keep that seperation as combining them could end up as a sloppy mess, not to mention trying to make a story that makes sense. Again, although it sounds

cool in theory, it would be very messy in practice, and may end up ruining the future of both Raze itself and SFH.

Mike: SFH2 went about as close to sci-fi as we’re going to get. I just think once you add aliens and laser weapons it ceases to be SFH anymore. That being said, I

love sci-fi and haven’t done a sci-fi game yet so I’m really looking forward to working on something in the genre.
Reply with quote Addison actually always wanted to make a game similar to Unreal Tournament He went through a few programmers, and eventually contacted me. We started working on the

game and adding so many crazy things that we eventually decided to go our own route and be as crazy with it as possible. We wanted to make sure every gun was

original (Flame Shotgun, Ice Minigun, etc).

When it came time to make Raze 2, a big inspiration was the abilities from Halo Reach, and the overall world of Bulletstorm. Bulletstorm did an incredible job of

feel so tiny in comparison. We really wanted to capture that in Raze 2 with the multiple background layers, bright colours, level variety. Not to mention the

waterfalls, wildlife, flickering lights, and other particles that helped bring the maps to life.

The thought has come up, but we’d really rather keep the two games seperate. We like the way Raze has abilities and many weapons to pick up in the battlefield, while

SFH has killstreaks, BinaryBoom Review classes, and loadouts that are chosen beforehand.

We like to keep that seperation as combining them could end up as a sloppy mess, not to mention trying to make a story that makes sense. Again, although it sounds

cool in theory, it would be very messy in practice, and may end up ruining the future of both Raze itself and SFH.

Mike: SFH2 went about as close to sci-fi as we’re going to get. I just think once you add aliens and laser weapons it ceases to be SFH anymore. That being said, I

love sci-fi and haven’t done a sci-fi game yet so I’m really looking forward to working on something in the genre.