New to the forum?

Only an email address is required.

Register Here

Already registered? Log In

Currently Online

No registered users are online.

Testing in Pocket PC emulator

Reply with quote This refers to the post in Accesify:
http://www.accessify.com/archives/2003_08_17_news-archives.asp#106154409199321647

Got any comments?

Have I got it hideously wrong? Or did someone else?

Build Your Own Web Site the Right Way!
A beginners' HTML/CSS book with web standards at its heart
The Ultimate HTML Reference
A complete reference, in glorious hardback
Reply with quote Well, I was coming to a similar conclusion an <iframe> that uses JavaScript to retrieve the URI variables.

};-) http://www.xhtmlcoder.com/

WVYFC chose the Yorkshire Air Ambulance as the main charity to fund raise for in 2006
Reply with quote Yes, this emulator is nothing more than an iframe that probably knocks out css included with the @import rule.

Misleading.
Reply with quote What, no petition to demand free iPaqs? After all, those things cost several hundred dollars! The least that Compaq could do, you know, is give free Pocket PCs to all Web developers so they can develop on that platform!

--Kynn
Reply with quote Hi Kynn

Read your rant, interesting - I happen to agree with the essense of your argument and that's why I personally haven't signed it. I would willingly sign one lobbying for all-around cheaper access to the product concerned.

I don't believe however, the argument of the market being small...it's probably small because it's so expensive, and it's so expensive probably because, as you rightly say, they operate in a near monopoly forcing charities like the RNIB to splash out on TV commercials to plea for financial pledges from the public.

However - there has to be one doesn't there - i'd like to know your interest in this area as the use of inflammatory language reads like a tabloid press-cutting.

You have some good arguments underneath the sound-bites but the volume of vehemence is not doing either side of the Cause any good at all.

If the price came down - which I believe could be done quite easily - then it's use would commensurately rise across all interested communities - I agree that "we" have a lesser need and Right for cheap ownership than the intended audience but I also believe that that same audience would also welcome more ownership by the web-designer community if it meant more accessible websites too.
Kynn wrote:
What, no petition to demand free iPaqs? After all, those things cost several hundred dollars! The least that Compaq could do, you know, is give free Pocket PCs to all Web developers so they can develop on that platform!

--Kynn

no, i don't want an ipaq thank you very much...a simple SDK with a true emulator will do for me...like openwave do for instance http://developer.openwave.com/ Rolling Eyes

Patrick H. Lauke / splintered