Accessify Forum - Accessibility Discussion

Currently Online

No registered users are online.

Site Testing

• Reply to topic

Home / Beginners / Site Testing

Reply with quote Hi All

I followed a link here from DotDragNet (www.dotdragnet.co.uk) and was wondering if there is anyone willing to do site testing for accessibility.

There is a forum dedicated to this on DotDragNet’s forum albeit for visually capable browsers and users. I am currently working on a site redesign which I have run it through pwWebSpeak and seemed okay to me Confused and I will be reworking another major site in the not too distant future where I must ensure it is fully accessible.

Assuming sites are based on the same template throughout, only the design needs to be tested to ensure ease of use and quick access to page content (that’s what I would do as a priority, do others place access to navigation as priority?)
Reply with quote I’m always willing to throw my tuppence in if you want to post a link to your new template. I’m sure others will add their suggestions/advice/opinions.
Reply with quote I second that.

WVYFC chose the Yorkshire Air Ambulance as the main charity to fund raise for in 2006
Reply with quote Wicksie’s site, http://www.independent-testers.org/ may also be a useful resource for testing, AceC.
Reply with quote Perhaps a critique forum would be a good idea, post your site url and get comments on it.

Thoughts?
Reply with quote Ok, let’s see how this goes. This is the current redesign of my site that has been on the go now for 3 years with the same design for the last two. The redesign was initially to make loading times faster and content more accessible from the home page, it’s not complete by any means yet but running it through pwWebSpeak has already given me some ideas.

test URL – www.aircadetcentral.com/site/test.asp

Thanks in advance guys
Nigel Peck wrote:
Thoughts?

[thoughtsbubble]I wish they still made ‘Texan’ bars.[/thoughtsbubble]

Oh, thoughts on the new forum … yes I agree.

The usual thing is to not supply a URL for critique unless you’ve already critiqued a few yourself but we have to start somewhere. Maybe that should happen later – let’s get a forum open, see what comes in and manage the conditions later.

Mmm, Texan bars …
A complete reference, in glorious hardback
Reply with quote Site Critiques forum started.

This topic restarted here.
Wicksie’s site, http://www.independent-testers.org/ may also be a useful resource for testing, AceC.

Thanks Gez – both Adrian and I will be more than happy to receive applications from would-be Testers and those wishing to have sites tested (officially called Testees – but i guess that word leaves a lot open to interpretation)

IWDP | Independent Testers | IT Gazette
The future is bright – The future is #0099cc
Nigel Peck wrote:
Site Critiques forum started

must make sure i make time to pop in there Smile

Reply with quote Would be a good place to bring independant testers people Smile
gez wrote:
Wicksie’s site, http://www.independent-testers.org/ may also be a useful resource for testing, AceC.

Thanks Gez – both Adrian and I will be more than happy to receive applications from would-be Testers and those wishing to have sites tested (officially called Testees – but i guess that word leaves a lot open to interpretation)

We are always more than happy to sign up testers, in fact more the better. Accessibility testers are a bit short on the ground at the moment as are disabled testers and MAC users so if anyone want to pop along and sign up it would be great!! Very Happy

We are also are happy to test almost all sites and look at all that are submitted to us for content before we decide to test it, but we haven’t turned any down to date.

And Wicksie (Testees) trust you to think of that one!! Rolling Eyes

Property Decorating – Decorating Blog – Rayfields Decorating – Breakofday
Wired World wrote:
And Wicksie (Testees) trust you to think of that one!! Rolling Eyes

yeah, sorry about that mate – but rest assured…

I was not the only who thought of that, i bet Smile

Quote:
yeah, sorry about that mate – but rest assured…

I was not the only who thought of that, i bet Smile

I’m sure others thought it, but you had to say it Very Happy

Property Decorating – Decorating Blog – Rayfields Decorating – Breakofday

• Reply to topic