New to the forum?

Only an email address is required.

Register Here

Already registered? Log In

Currently Online

No registered users are online.

Screen Reader called "Guide"?

• Reply to topic
Reply with quote Hi - I got a query from a user today reporting she can't use the check-out process in XP, IE6 and a scree nreader called "Guide" which I've never heard of?

Am I missing a trick - of course, I've googled it but can't find anything - anyone have any idea what she is referring to?

Thanks guys!
Reply with quote More details about Guide from Software Express

James Coltham - NHS web content manager by day, web and accessibility blogger at lunchtime, freelancer by night. Tweets at @prettysimple.
Reply with quote Superb!! Thanks James

Very Happy
Reply with quote Hi there

Following on from this does anyone know if 'Guide' supports Iframe's?

In an ideal world yes i wouldn't be using them at all, but our client wants us to pull in some 3rd party feeds that i cannot get the XML for - yet they still want it to be screen reader friendly.

I think/know Jaws10 gives the user the option view the contents of the iframe, but i've not used/heard of guide before so am unsure how it handles them.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply with quote I'm not sure (do we have any Guide users here?) but you could always request a free demonstration copy to test with.

Don't forget there are dozens of other Screen Readers out there too!

James Coltham - NHS web content manager by day, web and accessibility blogger at lunchtime, freelancer by night. Tweets at @prettysimple.